Thursday, August 16, 2007

In Closing

All in all, I think 23 Things was really useful. I learned A LOT. I am quite sure I will never use most of it, sorry I’m still so… 20th century. I just can’t send a lot of time checking my RSS feeds and reading blogs and exploring photos/videos, etc… I have no desire to network with someone I don’t know across the country or globe who tells me their name is Anne in Kentucky but is really Buck fresh out of a Dallas lock-up. But it’s still useful. It’s been demystified.

I have picked up a few things I do like. My avatar is cute. Library 2.0 was a great thing to learn about, it’s something to watch in library world. Google Docs will become one of my best friends.

The set-up was great. James and Lesa were very encouraging. I liked the self-pacing but with guidance format.

If the library offered another discovery program like this, I’d take it. It was a great way to learn about a lot of stuff, stuff that the patrons expect us to know about.

2 comments:

James said...

Congratulations on completing the program! I understand your feeling that some tools, while interesting, you may never use again.

The most important thing is that you weren't afraid to try them out and you found a few, like Google Docs, that might even help make your life a little bit easier.

Glad to hear that the "self-paced with guidance" style was helpful to you. Frankly, some folks didn't particularly like it...but they aren't as smart as you (KIDDING EVERYONE). Congrats again, Marie!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.